No
79%
Don't care - won't vote
No votes

Total votes: 24

RB

Re: EU - In or Out?

Postby RB » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Helios wrote:I also think people are mostly the same and want the same things.

So you refuse to believe that there are thousands of career dole scroungers that just want to continue sponging off hard working tax payers?
You refuse to believe there are hundreds of thousands of people who would gladly see being gay made illegal again?
You refuse to believe there are tens of thousands of people who prefer to live outside society, committing what we call crimes as easily as breathing?

People are not the same and do not want the same things.

What will you do with these people in your utopia of togetherness? Exclude them further from society? Lock them in camps so they don't frighten the children?

For fucks sake. This is how we go out.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Polito45
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom wanks yet

Postby Polito45 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:31 pm

I'm not saying we're all the same. Diversity is part of the human condition.
Butt! I believe you will find that the vast majority of people in every single part of the world want basically, exactly the same things.
They want a safe environment to raise their kids. They want to get on with their neighbours etc. etc.
There are however complete cunts who thrive on conflict and/or are self serving and will happily
shit all over the greater mass of people to get their own way.
Thankfully they are in a minority or the world would be an even shittier place than it is already.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." — Aristotle

Helios
Tag: Hmph!

Postby Helios » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

I said mostly the same, not exactly the same.
The undesirable people are minorities.

RB

Postby RB » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:47 pm

Who are you to decide they are undesirable? How do you know that you aren't the minority? What's your plan for them? A nice big camp with lots of large showers?

What happened to we're all the same and can all be united? Now you're deciding who's suitable for your society.

I realise this is reductio ad absurdum.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:10 pm

Ignoring all that shizzle, I'm more bothered that by leaving the EU that we'll all end up out of pocket. Income to the UK as a whole will drop, so more cuts will be required as less taxes, and you've already seen what's happened to the market just on the thought we might leave. We risk the already fragile economy to gain precisely fuck all.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

RB

Postby RB » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Why would income fall? We currently pay more into the EU than we get back. Exiting the EU won't end the trade agreements set up with the common market.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:29 pm

Our net spend to the EU is 0.5% of GDP, or £6.7bn. The Confederation Of British Industry suggests that membership benefits our economy over that by at least £62bn. It won't disappear overnight, but it'll make investing in the UK much less attractive so will reduce over time.

We contribute less per capita than Austria.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Helios
Tag: Hmph!

Postby Helios » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:27 pm

RB wrote:Who are you to decide they are undesirable? How do you know that you aren't the minority? What's your plan for them? A nice big camp with lots of large showers?

What happened to we're all the same and can all be united? Now you're deciding who's suitable for your society.

I realise this is reductio ad absurdum.

I'm using your definition of undesirable people.
You gave some examples in your own post.

MY European Union is populated by a majority of people that just want to live a decent life.

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply by talking about camps and showers.

RB

Postby RB » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:45 pm

I just pointed out some different types of people with different goals in life. You decided they were undesirable or üntermensch if you prefer.

I just assumed that in your perfect EU where everyone is the same, those who weren't the same would be executed on mass. Otherwise your goal of harmony can't happen with all those undesirables and their wrong ideas and actions.

Seems familiar somehow.

kingweed
Tag: Tags eh ?

Postby kingweed » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:07 pm

Ekona wrote:Our net spend to the EU is 0.5% of GDP, or £6.7bn. The Confederation Of British Industry suggests that membership benefits our economy over that by at least £62bn. It won't disappear overnight, but it'll make investing in the UK much less attractive so will reduce over time.

We contribute less per capita than Austria.

Source please?

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:18 pm

kingweed
Tag: Tags eh ?

Postby kingweed » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:28 pm

RB wrote:Why would income fall? We currently pay more into the EU than we get back. Exiting the EU won't end the trade agreements set up with the common market.

Source for this too please RB

RB

Postby RB » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:45 pm

bananahead
Tag: Happy when it rains

Postby bananahead » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:29 am

Is this about the EU or are we going off at a tangent to try and make a very weak point?

If the comment about wars is not about past wars (although they can't be discounted which is a self defeating argument) but is about current wars then which ones? Is Europe at war with itself? Are any EU states at war with anyone? Are different states taking different sides?

I see ignorance and fear.

bananahead
Tag: Happy when it rains

Postby bananahead » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:35 am

RB wrote:http://www.londonlovesbusiness.com/business-news/economic/how-much-do-we-give-the-eu-and-how-much-do-we-get-back/9099.article?

You do realise that that link does not support your argument?

"But here’s the important caveat…

This graph only takes into account money we get back directly, and doesn’t include the value of other things the UK benefits from, such as the European Court of Justice, trade with the EU, and the wide range of other benefits associated with EU membership."

Return to “Serious Discussion”