MEGAHYDER
Tag: CAPS LOCK CLUB CAPTAIN

Re: EU - In or Out?

Postby MEGAHYDER » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:00 pm

And they are the same - they're both humans

RB

Postby RB » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Helios wrote:Why should the two people you mentioned not have the same right to travel, live and work?

That's OK and doesn't need the EU as it stands for it to happen. What's stupid is the large brush stroke way in which laws and economic policy is applied to everyone regardless of their historic values and current lifestyle.

A subject I know well as an example is the current proposals on firearms legislation across Europe. The changes are generally a good idea to help keep firearms out of the hands of terrorists. For the UK and several other countries, there will be no change required as our laws are already restrictive enough but for countries like France and Germany, it will be incredibly expensive in compensation to civilians and for Finland, the Czech republic and a few others, it will be crippling to their economy.

What would be better is if each country made laws appropriate to themselves but had much better information sharing by police and security services.

The general idea of European countries standing as one is a good one but the current implementation goes toofar in some areas and not far enough in others. It needs totally reworking without the centralised parliament.

Devolution seems to be working for Scotland, I see a UK exit as just that. We won't be isolated as trading will continue because it has to. Hopefully other countries would follow and then a new slicker EU that actually works can emerge.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

RB

Postby RB » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:11 pm

MEGAHYDER wrote:And they are the same - they're both humans

That is the most naively idiotic thing I've read this week.

Sam
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom ranks yet

Postby Sam » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:46 pm

Even if we vote out, I reckon N.I. is fucked either way as people will just get in through the free state.
:-)

kingweed
Tag: Tags eh ?

Postby kingweed » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:21 pm

RB wrote:
Helios wrote:Why should the two people you mentioned not have the same right to travel, live and work?

That's OK and doesn't need the EU as it stands for it to happen. What's stupid is the large brush stroke way in which laws and economic policy is applied to everyone regardless of their historic values and current lifestyle.

A subject I know well as an example is the current proposals on firearms legislation across Europe. The changes are generally a good idea to help keep firearms out of the hands of terrorists. For the UK and several other countries, there will be no change required as our laws are already restrictive enough but for countries like France and Germany, it will be incredibly expensive in compensation to civilians and for Finland, the Czech republic and a few others, it will be crippling to their economy.

What would be better is if each country made laws appropriate to themselves but had much better information sharing by police and security services.

The general idea of European countries standing as one is a good one but the current implementation goes toofar in some areas and not far enough in others. It needs totally reworking without the centralised parliament.

Devolution seems to be working for Scotland, I see a UK exit as just that. We won't be isolated as trading will continue because it has to. Hopefully other countries would follow and then a new slicker EU that actually works can emerge.

Bingo!

MEGAHYDER
Tag: CAPS LOCK CLUB CAPTAIN

Postby MEGAHYDER » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:35 pm

RB wrote:

Maybe - but I've traveled a lot, lived and worked with loads of different nationalities and from what I can tell people are mostly the same.

RB

Postby RB » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:20 pm

MEGAHYDER wrote:
RB wrote:

Maybe - but I've traveled a lot, lived and worked with loads of different nationalities and from what I can tell people are mostly the same.

Except for dozens of religions, political viewpoints, wants, needs, a pair of genders plus transgenders, hundreds of wars, etc etc. Yes, all the same :roll:

bananahead
Tag: Happy when it rains

Postby bananahead » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:43 am

MEGAHYDER wrote:
RB wrote:

Absolutely.

I don't understand the concept of country. I have much more in common with my French neighbours than I do with most people from somewhere like Doncaster. All of my friends have broadly similar economic, political and religious wants and wishes, and they really are from all over the world. That doesn't mean that people that have different views or wishes to me don't get some respect - just that I reject the idea of geography as a sensible grouping policy.

And the idea that we should see ourselves as different in some way because of some past war just seems small minded to me.

RB

Postby RB » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:16 am

Wow, really just wow.

Polito45
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom wanks yet

Postby Polito45 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:56 am

What? He's right. :?

In every group of people you will find some like-minded individuals,
some you think are total cunts and some you wouldn't trust to mind your fucking dog.
They could be from your own country or any other country in the world.
The fact that your countries might have engaged in a war started by some fucking nutters at some time in the past doesn't mean anything.

I think regional political isolation among European countries is a bad thing for the simple reason that if the cunts in a given region get the upper hand and want to enact ultra right wing punitive laws or invasive "security" measures they are curtailed by European wide laws.

I traveled overland around Europe a lot when I was younger and the thing I noticed was... sheep.
Sheep are fucking every where, and they are all the fucking same - stupid, tastey cunts.
That's where I got my idea that people are actually a lot like sheep.
Except for the tastey bit.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." — Aristotle

siteguru
Location: Out of view ... but I AM watching you! MWUHAHAHAHA!!

Postby siteguru » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:10 pm

Polito45 wrote:That's where I got my idea that people are actually a lot like sheep.
Except for the tastey bit.

I would beg to differ, Clarice. :twisted:

Polito45
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom wanks yet

Postby Polito45 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Savage. :D
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." — Aristotle

RB

Postby RB » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:32 pm

Polito45 wrote:What? He's right. :?

No, he's not actually. Claiming that a group of people who have gravitated towards the same place and each other to be the same is fucking obvious. It doesn't mean all people are the same or want the same things.

Nobody is talking about past wars although they can't be discounted. What about the many wars and conflicts that are ongoing.

Conflict is in the very essence of human nature from sport to through to war. It's a part of who we are.

Anyone who actually believes humans are all the same has been brainwashed with wishful thinking by bleeding heart liberals and knows nothing of human nature.

If you think we are all the same and all just want to get along, go open a LGBT bookshop in Saudi Arabia and see how they all embrace you.

Also the very fact that I think your beliefs of everyone being the same is horse shit, is evidence that we aren't all the same. Wankpuffins.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:44 pm

It's true though, to a point. Everyone is so mobile these days and has access to so many sources of information (which is both a good and a bad thing!) that no longer do you find that every one living down one road has the same social status and political viewpoints as you do. I'm pretty sure I have very little in common with any of the crusties living down my road, much less the wider town and god forbid the county itself. Get to national level and it's just ridiculous to expect everyone to be even remotely generalised. Geography is a very old-fashioned way of segregating and grouping people, it really is.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Helios
Tag: Hmph!

Postby Helios » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:52 pm

I also think people are mostly the same and want the same things.
Of course there are crazy people out there that want to burn everything.
But I don't see how we combat the crazies inside or outside Europe without being united.

Return to “Serious Discussion”